The company and the vision
Cyclopt is a spin-off company of the Intelligent Systems and Software Engineering Labgroup – ISSEL, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Cyclopt aims at providing innovative solutions in the area of software quality, as-a-service, and help software companies develop and maintain high quality software products, through continuous monitoring of their software lifecycle. Our objective is to provide a customised, 360° assessment of software against the ISO/IEC 25010 standard quality characteristics, at a minimal cost and with minimal effort.
Dr. Eng. Kyriakos Chatzidimitriou
CEO & Co-founder
Researcher on Machine Learning and Software Engineering. He has worked as a Researcher with the Intelligent Systems and Software Engineering group (ISSEL – http://issel.ee.auth.gr) for more than 10 years. His research interests are in the areas of machine learning for and with software engineering, digital analytics and building autonomous agents for real world domains. He was lead of the Mertacor team that has won numerous research competitions related to autonomous trading and machine learning challenges. Find more here.
Dr. Eng. Andreas Symeonidis
CRO & Co-Founder
Assistant Professor on Software Engineering, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. Head of the Software Engineering branch of the ISSEL group. His research interests include Software Engineering processes and Software analytics, Data mining and knowledge extraction from Software repositories, Model-driven Engineering, Service Oriented Architectures and Middleware Robotics. Dr. Symeonidis’ work has been published in over 100 papers, book chapters, and conference publications. Find more here.
MSc. Eng. Themistoklis Diamantopoulos
Software Reusability Expert
PhD candidate on Software Engineering with the ISSEL group. His research interests include Software reusability, Static analysis of software source code, Requirements Enginering, Code Search Engines and Recommendation Systems in Software Engineering. Find more here.
MSc. Eng. Michalis Papamichail
Software Maintainability Expert
PhD candidate on Software Engineering with the ISSEL group. His research interests include Software sustainability, Static and Dynamic analysis of software, Usage analytics and User Experience analytics.m Find more here.
Mr Ilias Ouzounidis
Branding design and Digital Promotion
Graphics designer and Production Manager. A graphics and marketing enthusiast with more than 15 years of experience in branding, rebranding and disseminating products and ideas. Find more here.
Our advantages against competition
- We provide an end-to-end framework for customizing the extracted quality model according to the needs of the user and the domain of the software product. Assessing overall software quality is a complex process with counteracting characteristics (performance vs. security, usability vs. maintainability) and difficult to quantify. Currently, there is no other product that balances clashed quality requirements, or provides custom quality models.
- We apply a state-of-the-art aggregation methodology, in order to generate quality scores that is based on big data analysis and the significant expertise of the team on data analytics and software engineering. In particular, we have created and analyzed a continuously expanding benchmark repository of software projects in order to derive thresholds of good and bad practices from real world projects.
- We focus on web applications and in particular perform both static and dynamic analysis. This entails a holistic evaluation of software, not only with respect to the source code, but also with respect to the deployment environment.
- We extend our analysis beyond Maintainability (that most competitors focus on) and remedy quality characteristics that require dynamic analysis and custom made crawling (e.g. Usability).
- We have the advantage of knowing the state-of-the-art and to test and prototype approaches to go beyond it, before bringing them to production (being a Software Research Group spin-off).